Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A very personal presentation!

This week our assignment in my Creating Technology-Enhanced Learning Environments class was to create some kind of presentation to introduce ourselves to the class. We were encouraged to step outside of the box, so I made a video about myself. I tried to use some fun edits to make it more interesting for the class to watch. You can check it out below! I used WeVideo to create it and filmed it with a FlipCam. I wanted to create a video because I get nervous presenting about myself in front of large groups. I can present about academic topics, but when it comes to talking about myself, I panic. I chose to film my video in my own room because I am much more comfortable there!



 I wanted to present myself as a young professional with some spunky quirks. I included some personal facts about my life and my family to give myself a "real-person" vibe, rather than only professional. In class we watched everyone present their introductions, which was a really interesting way to get to know all of my classmates--not a typical thing you get to do at a university level. I took notes as people presented about where they were from and things we had in common. I noticed that a few people were from the same hometown as some of my close friends, and my friends ended up knowing some of them! Weird!

The following project for my Creating Technology-Enhanced Learning Environments is centered around reflecting on and critiquing our presentation to help us think about what we would add or take away. I created an animated video using PowToon, which you can watch below. It was my first time using PowToon but I really liked how user-friendly it was! It's free to sign up for an account, but you don't get all of the cool features that you would if you paid for the upgraded account. I stuck with the free account because, as you know, I'm a broke college kid. It was a struggle to get used to at first, but once I got the hang of it, it was a piece of cake. 



No comments:

Post a Comment